Serves: 12 Muffins
- 1¾ c.*Light Gluten Free Flour Blend (see recipe below)
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 c. nondairy milk
- ¼ c. oil
- 3 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. nondairy butter (or use solid coconut oil)
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. gluten free flour
- ¼ c. chopped nuts of choice (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients (minus the blueberries) until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Divide the batter evenly into the liners.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the streusel. Sprinkle lightly over the batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, depending on your oven temperature. Muffin tops should spring back when touched. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
* FLOUR BLEND INGREDIENTS:
3 c. superfine brown rice flour
3 c. white rice flour
1½ c. arrowroot powder
1½ c. potato starch
1. Spoon out each flour/starch with a spoon. Level off with a knife.
2. Place into a plastic baggie and shake well.
3. Store in a dry, cool place. Will keep fresh for a month OR place in the fridge for up to 3 month